Are you feeling like your creativity is being stifled? Are you finding it difficult to effectively reach students in the way you know best? Do you want to work in a school that reenergizes and reminds you of why you became a teacher in the first place?
Valley Charter Middle School (VCMS) is seeking highly motivated, creative, and energetic educators who believe in teaching the whole child. We provide a constructivist learning environment that nurtures, challenges, and values every member of the community.
The ideal teaching candidate has:
- 2+ years experience teaching middle school students
- Enthusiasm for the school’s values, mission and educational philosophy
- Proven commitment to constructivism, a whole child approach, data driven instruction and a collaborative approach to teaching and learning
- Construct and implement subject-specific lessons that incorporate the school’s definition of an educated person and emphasize active learning strategies and problem-based learning;
- Create, as appropriate, instructional materials for the classroom
- Guide and support the learning of the classroom group and each individual student
- Support learning and growth of each student
- Be a collaborative partner with colleagues
- Regularly assess the progress of each student to plan and support student growth and development
- Communicate students’ progress and learning needs to parents and students.
- Meet administrative deadlines in a timely manner
- Support social and emotional development of students through caring interactions and instruction
- Maintain frequent communication with students, student’s families, colleagues, and other school stakeholders
*VCMS teachers will meet the requirements for employment of California Education Code section 47605(l) and the applicable provisions of local, state, and federal law.